JOIN THE COMMUNITY CREW:
Share Your Love of the Land!
“Volunteering for Kestrel has made me much closer to my community, allowing me to establish deeper relationships with local landscapes, people, and wildlife.”
Cathy Keough, Hadley
Typical Community Crew Activities
- Help out at events such as the 5K for Farmland, concerts, or festivals.
- Assist with publicity for events and workshops.
- Help set up or host workshops, book groups, and informational presentations.
- Host an information table for Kestrel at festivals and farmers’ markets.
- Provide support at monthly hikes and special outings.
- Educate neighbors and community members about Kestrel’s land protection work and upcoming events.
Anyone is welcome to join the Community Crew! No formal background in the natural sciences required: Just a love for the land and an interest in supporting Kestrel’s mission in your community, plus:
- Interest in nature, recreation, or land conservation.
- Ability to participate at special events and community activities.
- Willingness to work as a part of a team.
- Willingness to interact with the public if needed.
- Reliable access to email and transportation.
Tools & Training
Kestrel will provide volunteers with:
- information on the organization’s mission and other talking points to help in their outreach activities.
- task-related training or guidance for specific events and activities.
- social media training, if desired.
Typical Time Commitment
- The time commitment is dependent on the events and activities Crew members choose to participate in. It’s flexible and can work with your schedule!
- The Community Crew will meet two to three times throughout the year for optional trainings and social gatherings. It’s a great way to meet new people and become a part of the Kestrel community.