Bike Farm & Tasting Tour with Adventure East
October 7 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
The Connecticut River Valley has some of the best soil in the country, as well as some of the oldest farms. These farms produce a diverse range of foods from familiar vegetables and fruits like corn and organic strawberries to specialty items like Asian pears, goat cheese, mushrooms, grass-fed beef, and wine.
Kestrel is pleased to offer a special 3-hour, 14-mile tasting farm tour by bike in Sunderland and North Hadley guided by our friends at Adventure East on Saturday, October 7, from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
This scenic ride through rolling farmland with tranquil Lake Warner in the background will include opportunities to stop and enjoy fresh, seasonal, and delicious treats from local farmstands. You’ll also have a chance to ask the farmers questions to better understand what is involved in managing a small farm in the Valley.
There is something on this bike tour for all to sample and savor, including:
- Carrs’ Ciderhouse where traditional wild fermented hard ciders, cider syrup, apple cider vinegar, and switchel are made.
- Smiarowski Farmstand and Creamery where fresh produce and homemade ice cream are featured.
- Thomas Farm & Dairy where over 100 goats are milked twice daily to produce an award-winning Chevre cheese.
Thanks to our partners at Adventure East, this program includes:
- Flat bar recreational bikes appropriate for all skill levels and perfect for taking in the scenery
- Helmet with flashing light
Space is limited to 15 participants. Registration is required with sliding-scale donation.